[Gambas-user] Issue 33 in gambas: Wait does not allow Form_Close event to trigger in Qt

Sun Feb 13 02:19:16 CET 2011

On 02/12/2011 07:39 PM, gambas at ...2524... wrote:
> Again you are creating one issues for two problems. Please stop that.
> Create one issue for each problem.

I apologize. In my defense I thought the subject defined the bug and the
body could contain peripheral information. My mistake and I won't make
it again.

> As for why the event is not raised: read the documentation. WAIT with no
> argument blocks all keyboard and mouse events. It allows only redraw events.

Guess the bug should have read, "Wait allows mouse and keyboard events
to trigger in GTK+". Part of the confusion is that when switching from
GTK+ to Qt and back, things often behave quite differently. One could
easily misconstrue any of these differences as bugs in one or the other.
I was used to using GTK+ so I thought this was normal behavior for Wait,
when in fact it was an abnormality.

> Then you want to use QUIT inside the Form_Close event handler. QUIT aborts
> the application, use it only inside a console application

I just re-read it and saw the footnote about not using it for GUI apps.
So the only way to exit/end/quit/terminate a GUI app is to "close all
open windows and terminate all child processes." I'll give it a try, thanks.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues