[Gambas-user] exception 11

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Feb 8 10:53:24 CET 2011

> I really do hope this helps in tracking the problem.
> If not, please indicate the way I can send you the whole shiskebab.
> For the database, that will not be possible since there is a lot of
> confidential data in it.
> But I could give you, personally, access to it if you want to.

If you explain me how to reproduce the bug from the application, it may be the
fastest solution, provided that you compile gambas2 from sources.

But first, can you do that?

1) Get a core dump of the crash, and load it into gdb to get a backtrace. Send
me that backtrace:

$ ulimit -c 100000
$ cd /path/to/my/gambas/project
$ gbx2 -p
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
$ gdb /usr/bin/gbx2 core
(gdb) bt

2) Run your application into valgrind (if it is not too slow) to know where
exactly the illegal memory access is done. Send me the valgrind output.

$ cd /path/to/my/gambas/project
$ valgrind --tool=memcheck --num-callers=50 gbx2 -p

You will actually get useful information only if you compile gambas2 from
sources, so maybe you should do that before.

Thanks in advance,

--
Benoît Minisini