[Gambas-user] Nightly Builds

Ian Haywood ihaywood at ...1979...
Mon Feb 7 11:54:17 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:30 PM, John Spikowski <support at ...2529...> wrote:

> I didn't know you were already doing this. How much of your time does it
> take to build a release with this setup?
I have a script which runs in a couple of minutes including the
upload. It is then
compiled on the Ubuntu launchpad system and I get an e-mail if the
compile fails.
That process takes around an hour as it has to wait in a queue for a
free server.
This is a good system as I can test on systems and architectures I don't have.
> I guess if your going to beta testing a new release, you should probably
> build it on your own system to for validity and review of the changes.
They are draft builds of the current svn and are totally unstable, I
don't do any testing other than
as a regular gambas user, the .debs are there purely for convenience
to allow people to run the bleeding-edge code without getting bogged
down in svn and dependencies, and also so gambas3 is ready for
submission to Debian soon after it is officially released,

Unfortunately I can't release gambas3 before Benoit does :-(

Ian