[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 is out!

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Dec 31 04:59:09 CET 2011

Ouf! Gambas 3 is finally out!

As promised, it has been delivered during the 2011 year. :-)

Again, many many bugs were fixed and last-minute features were implemented.

A few noticeable points:

* The special mathematical functions of glibc are correctly detected and
used now.
* Floating point numbers should be printed in a better way.
* French, Czech and Catalan translations were updated.

Two important security holes were also closed:

* String hashing algorithm has been randomized.
* In the IDE, you cannot get the project version by running a program
(what a stupid idea!). Now you get it from a text file located in a
parent directory of the project.

See the Release Notes for the full ChangeLog. Everything is on the web
site as usual

And now sir?

I think I will write a french article about the release for
http://linuxfr.org. And then an english one for english news site.

I wanted to ask my marketing department to deal with the communication,
but I have no marketing department. So all my hopes are on you, dear
Gambas users. :-)

And tell me that is not a pretty present for 2012. :-)

--
Benoît Minisini