[Gambas-user] Issue 176 in gambas: problems with SizeOf()

tommyline at ...2340... tommyline at ...2340...
Thu Dec 29 18:41:21 CET 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: gambas at ...2524...
To: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Thursday, 29 December, 2011 5:32:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Issue 176 in gambas: problems with SizeOf()

Comment #1 on issue 176 by benoit.m... at ...626...: problems with SizeOf()
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=176

Have you read the documentation of SizeOf?

Yes, it says that

"Size = SizeOf ( Datatype ) - Returns the memory used for storing a specific datatype." and "Datatype can be any of the listed. So I assume that I can do with a as integer -> a=SizeOf(f as float) or a=SizeOf(s as string), and "a" should return the length of the datatype in bytes. Or am I wrong?

Regards
Tomek.