[Gambas-user] Getting an Object instance from a string

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Dec 29 01:54:31 CET 2011

Le 28/12/2011 02:03, Sebastian Kulesz a écrit :
> Hi! I am having some problems when using the Object.GetProperty method
> when the object parameter to be used is stored in a string. The
> structure of my project is as follows
>
> ============
> Module Module1{
>
> public Var1 as string
>
> }
>

> ============
> Module Main (Starting class){
>
> public sub Main()
>
>      DIM sModule as String
>
>      sModule="Module1"
>
>      Object.GetProperty(sModule, "Var1")
>
> END
>
> }
> ============
>
> The normal behavior is to know the first parameter  of the GetProperty
> method, hence calling Object.GetProperty(Module1, "Var1"), but i need
> the first parameter to be dynamic, therefore being of a type different
> than object
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to get an instance of an object
> by knowing the class/module name, or if the GetProperty method can be
> modified to accept a string as a parameter, same as the second
> argument
>
> Thanks!

Hi,

All that is non-sense for me. You can handle an object only through a
reference on it (a.k.a. pointer in other languages). A class/module name
is just its name. It won't tell you anything about its instances.

Benoît Minisini