[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 3

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Dec 23 23:36:13 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

I will release the last RC tomorrow morning, just before christmas.

Then I will make the Gambas 3 release after christmas, before January,
1st - Didn't I tell that Gambas3 will be releases that year? :-)

So I won't fix bugs until next year now, except those that can be fix
without any risk.

What is the plan after that?

- Fabien didn't completely finish gb.report, so I assume he will
continue to fix it for the Gambas 3.1.

- I'd like to enhance gb.desktop so that it is usable enough to
implement a simple GUI shell/desktop (for those who have time and find
Gnome 3 or KDE 4 too heavy). The interesting thing is that this simple
desktop will be able to use GTK+ or Qt4 indifferently, depending on the
user taste. Someone interested in that project?

- It would be interesting to make a component with GStreamer.

- Learn gardening and buy gold, because the swindling western debt-based
economic system is collapsing.

Merry Christmas!

--
Benoît Minisini