[Gambas-user] MovieBox

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Dec 23 17:17:28 CET 2011

Le 23/12/2011 16:56, tobias a écrit :
> On 23.12.2011 16:39, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Le 23/12/2011 13:32, tobias a écrit :
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> i forward a question about MovieBox:
>>>
>>> ---
>>> i try to write some demonstration code for MovieBox for some hours now.
>>> the project is attached and working so far but there are error reports
>>> in the ide console:
>>>
>>> MNG error 4: Encountered unexpected end-of-file; chunk vpAg; subcode 0:0
>>> MNG error 11: Function is invalid at this point; chunk vpAg; subcode 0:0
>>> MNG error 11: Function is invalid at this point; chunk vpAg; subcode 0:0
>>> MNG error 11: Function is invalid at this point; chunk vpAg; subcode 0:0
>>> MNG error 11: Function is invalid at this point; chunk vpAg; subcode 0:0
>>> MNG error 11: Function is invalid at this point; chunk vpAg; subcode 0:0
>>> MNG error 11: Function is invalid at this point; chunk vpAg; subcode 0:0
>>> MNG error 11: Function is invalid at this point; chunk vpAg; subcode 0:0
>>> MNG error 11: Function is invalid at this point; chunk vpAg; subcode 0:0
>>> MNG error 11: Function is invalid at this point; chunk vpAg; subcode 0:0
>>> MNG error 11: Function is invalid at this point; chunk vpAg; subcode 0:0
>>>
>>> the last errors are certainly as numerous as there are pictures in the
>>> /tanzen.gif/ file? i converted the picture using the program convert
>>> which normally works very reliably.
>>> ---
>>>
>>> i myself haven't taken a look on the sources i attached because it seems
>>> to be an issue concerning the MovieBox code or a library...?
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> tobi
>>>
>> Which toolkit do you use? Where is the project, or at least the movie
>> files? Anyway, if the toolkit cannot decode the files, I won't be able
>> to do anything!
>>

> i use qt4 but i think the person for whom i translated this mail uses
> gtk+. i thought, i attached the stuff (and my mail client says it, too).
> anyway this time it has to be attached. i also ran the project as it may
> be helpful to know how it is with qt4 and i get the same error messages
> here..

The mng file has obviously a problem, both with qt and qt4.

With qt (project run with Gambas 2), you have the warning messages.

With qt4 (project converted then run with Gambas 3), you have no warning
messages, but you clearly see that the last frame is corrupted during
the animation. Which should be explained by the first qt warning
"Encountered unexpected end of file".

As for GTK+, apparently it does not understand mng files.

Benoît Minisini