[Gambas-user] problems after ubuntu 11.04 update --> same under 11.10

Jesus ea7dfh at ...2382...
Wed Dec 21 18:05:59 CET 2011

El 21/12/11 11:14, JUHASZ Robert escribió:
> Hello List,
>
> I didn't succeed to recover my gambas2 despite of trying all the
> proposals.
> Anyhow I wanted to upgrade to Ubuntu 11.10, so I made a brand new
> install.
> Also installed the latest gambas2.
>
> After installation it worked properly including the Eval function.
>
> Then, I installed one of my programs (.deb file created on Ubuntu 11.04
> when gambas2 still worked).
> I could launch the program but the Eval function didn't work.
>
> When I tried to open the project from gambas2 for recompiling I had
> exactly the same issue as the last time under 11.04: gambas2 didn't
> start and gave the famous message:
> "ERROR: #27: Cannot load component 'gb.form.dialog': cannot find library
> file"
>
> I had some difficulties to remove my program (hoping that it recovers
> gambas2), finally succeeded from synaptic but gambas2 still doesn't
> work.
>
> Very probably it's the installation of the program developed in gambas2
> which created the problem but I have no idea how to deal with the
> problem.
>
> It would be great to understand and solve this issue. Thanks for the
> help.
>
> Robi

Hi

I'm sure this is a problem related to mixing two kind of installations:
Gambas IDE (and all its components) from sources and parts of gambas
coming from repositories (those who your deb package installs).

Since compiled sources result in a set of binaries located at
/usr/local/bin, /usr/local/lib/gambas2 and /usr/local/share/gambas2,
unlike packages installed from repository that are placed in /usr/bin,
/usr/lib/gambas2 and /usr/share/gambas2.

This means that the two paths, compiled vs repositories, are in the
environment path. Probably, binaries differ each other, but then the
system is using -in your case, it seems- the older ones.

>From the beginning of Gambas I'm aware of this, so it's not a good idea
to install deb packages made by the gambas IDE in a computer having
Gambas installed by compiling from the latest SVN.

Hope you will understand, my English is not as good as I'd like.

Regards

--
Jesus Guardon