[Gambas-user] Gambas-user Digest, Vol 67, Issue 16

Randy Millner randlemillner at ...626...
Mon Dec 19 00:20:10 CET 2011

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 18:24:45 +0100
> From: Beno?t Minisini <gambas at ...1...>
> Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Gambas2 compilation problems
>
> Le 17/12/2011 18:11, Randy Millner a ?crit :
>> Apologies to the moderator.
>>
>> Operating System : pcLinuxOS 64bitest4.iso  (Stable release candidate)
>> Hardware Zotac Zbox:
>> CPU Intel ATOM D525 Dual Core 1.8 Ghz 800 Mhz front bus
>> Chipset Intel NM10
>> Graphics Intel media accelerator 3150
>> 4 Gig Ram
>> Kingston 64Gig Sata SSD Drive
>>
>> My goal is to have at least Gambas2 ready for our distro's repos by
>> the time pcLinuxOS64 releases in 2012 (Next month)
>>
>> I've gotten the compilers to work, Good News! I am getting compile errors.
>> I followed the instructions per the release notes and attached the output,
>>
>> $ ( ./configure -C; make; make install )>  output.txt 2>&1
>>
>> I guess the output violated some policy and the moderator bounced the
>> email back. (NO REASON GIVEN)
>
> Your mail was too big. There is a 256K limit on all posts on the
> mailing-list. Don't forget that your mail is sent to 800 people, so
> 256K*800 > 200Mb just for one mail. Poor sourceforge! :-)
>

>> Here is what I think was pertinent, but if you still need the total
>> output, perhaps a different email?
>
> Just use 'tar cfz' ! I need the entire output of a

DONE see Attachment

> configuration/compilation/installation from scratch.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Beno?t Minisini

Done, see attachemnt

Thank you Benoit for your assistance.
 I speak for everyone from our community and especially the users of
my Gambas apps.

I found most of the required libraries in our repos,
The disabled module list has been substantially diminished.
I can't seem to locate Corba and a couple of others, perhaps there are
some other naming convention
in use?, or more likey the 64bit pclinuxos development team hasn't
gotten around to packaging everything, yet.
any clues as to where to find packages to compile would be helpful.
I've used gambas for a couple of years, and never had to compile it
from scratch.
Trying to give back to the PcLinuxOS community.

I think I am a whole lot closer now.
My next 'first' will be figuring out 'how to' package it for the repo.