[Gambas-user] Issue 134 in gambas: gb.report not work properly

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Sun Dec 18 15:06:40 CET 2011

Just curious why a default height of zero (0) was chosen? Wouldn't a
default of a typical font height be a better choice? Or, look at the font
size set and use it's height is not height has been explicitly define by
the user....

I think default values should always provide a working solution though not
necessarily
a pretty one... Even setting the height to something like 5 pixels would
result in each line printing, though unreadable the user would have a huge
clue as to why the results were not as expected.

Randall

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 3:04 AM, <gambas at ...2524...> wrote:

> Comment #1 on issue 134 by gambas... at ...626...: gb.report not work
> properly
> http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=134
>
> Many things have changed .... to use gb.report... just prefer to use the
> svn version , as i'm currently polish it.
>
> You must to set explicitely the autoresize to true now for label.
>
> Maybe i must set the value to true by default in the ide. If you not set it
> to true then the height of the label is 0px + Padding+border
>
> So you have two choice ... autoresize or set the height ... or maybe
> expand, but if the height is 0 then all the result will be on the same
> page :/.
>

> Attachments:
>        ReportExample-0.0.1.tar.gz  35.3 KB

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?