[Gambas-user] Gambas2 Gambas3 Compilation

Caveat Gambas at ...1950...
Fri Dec 16 16:43:32 CET 2011

This is usually managed by links.

So for example, looking for libz.so...

$ sudo find / -name libz.so
[sudo] password:
/usr/lib/libz.so

$ ls -l /usr/lib/libz.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 2011-04-15 16:32 /usr/lib/libz.so
-> /lib/libz.so.1.2.3.4

The 'file' libz.so in /usr/lib is just a pointer to the specific
version, so the 'locate' just has to find libz.so and follow the link to
the right version.

Regards,
Caveat