[Gambas-user] Big Gambas3 slowdown on hex edit / compare program

Caveat Gambas at ...1950...
Thu Dec 15 00:44:15 CET 2011

Hi Benoit

Pretty sure I'm using gtk.  Project has gb.gui selected so afaict it
should be selecting gtk (I don't run KDE here).

For a 1k card, the program was taking about 6 seconds or so to draw the
GUI.  For the 4k card, it was taking about 1.5 minutes (that's 15x as
long), when I would have expected somewhere under 30 seconds, based on
it being 4x the 1k case.

Despite the unhelpful and sarcastic comments of some members (OK, one!)
of the mailing list, I miss my thousands of little textboxes all neatly
lined up on their panels.  With them, the GUI had an elegance and visual
structure that just isn't there with the tableview.

Oh well, the tableview works, and it's functional enough so thanks again
Benoit.

Regards,
Caveat