[Gambas-user] gb.report Gambas 3 - I'm struggling

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Sat Dec 10 18:46:28 CET 2011

2011/12/10 Bill-Lancaster <bill-lancaster at ...2231...>:

> First, the report example doesn't work for me - it just hangs.
>
> I want to print information onto a pre-printed form (one A4 sheet) so there
> would be a number of fields in specific positions on the page.
>
> Building a new project using the same components as the example I can get a
> form to print OK but data prints at top left of the page.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

well just wait a little bit... you need to use the svn version as i'm
currently made many improvement.

for the free positionning labels you need :

add a panel with arrangement at none and expand at true

set the reportpadding at Zero (it is at init)

then for each labels you add you need to set X/Y or top/left value and
really important the width and the height (you can use autoresize)

normally it will work this way. Sorry the ide not allow a wisiwig
positionning it will come after gambas 3 release

For the datas do not set any text in the label that will be used for
fields ... they will then generate an event _data()

in this event set the data value

Public sub MyLabel_Data()
  Last.Data = value
end

in your case it is not necessary... you can setup the values directly
in the _new() procedure.

I will made many examples... actually i've start some video but they
are in french...(youtube)

> --

Fabien Bodard