[Gambas-user] Issue 153 in gambas: gambas3 segfault creating new postgresql connection inside gambas ide

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Thu Dec 1 11:20:03 CET 2011

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 153 by marcobra... at ...626...: gambas3 segfault creating new
postgresql connection inside gambas ide
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=153

1) Describe the problem.

When i try to create a new connection inside gambas3 ide it crash with
segfault:

1) if i set to remember password it not give me the db list and it crash

2) if i don't flag to remember password it don't crash and show me the db
list
it crash if i select the db

on postgresql backend log i get
2011-12-01 11:13:57 CET LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

on system /vr/log/messages
11:17:58 localhost kernel: [ 8078.387664] gbr3[32265]: segfault at 0 ip
4d15dd43 sp bf937214 error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[4d0e9000+153000]

The connection is working good i can access to it by code line... inside my
app
The ide connection is working good setting a new connection on a existing
sqlite3 db

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

Version: TRUNK
Revision: svn rev. 4263 (11/12/2011) compiled with

[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=2.6.35-28-generic
Architecture=i686
Memory=2051380 kB
DistributionVendor=Ubuntu
DistributionRelease="Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS"
Desktop=Gnome

[Gambas 2]
Version=2.23.1
Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx2

[Gambas 3]
Version=2.99.6
Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx3

[Libraries]
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.7.0
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2000.1

Operating system: Linux
Architecture: x86
GUI component: QT3 / QT4 / GTK+
Desktop used: Gnome

postgresql-8.3:
   Installato: 8.3.8-1
   Candidato: 8.3.8-1
   Tabella versione:
  *** 8.3.8-1 0
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.
Cannot provide since is a gambas3 ide crash

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.

Cannot provide is a huge private db... BTW is working with pgadminIII and
it don't have any particular restriction

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.

Create a new project add the postgresql from component and
try to define and open a new postgresql connection from ide the crash i
have when i try to get the postgres databases available list

6) By doing that carefully, you have done 50% of the bug fix job!

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you encounter several different problems or bugs, (for
example, a bug in your project, and an interpreter crash while debugging
it), please create distinct issues!