[Gambas-user] gb3: using string as stream for sequential write operations of arbitrary datatypes

Wed Aug 31 21:04:20 CEST 2011

On 08/31/2011 01:21 AM, nando wrote:
> What type of connection are you using ?

UDP.

I think using MEMORY as Tobias suggested
(http://gambasdoc.org/help/lang/memory?v3) might be a decent solution. I
should be able to determine the length in bytes of the variables to be
written to the UDP socket, create a string that many bytes long, open a
MEMORY stream pointing to that string, write the varibles to the string,
then both send the string over UDP and archive it in my transaction
queue history.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues