[Gambas-user] Fixing bug tracker issue 78

Bruce Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Wed Aug 31 04:44:46 CEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 03:13 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:

> > Sorry, I'm really panicky, I meant method overriding not polymorphism.
> > Bruce
>
> This change only makes the interpreter raise an error instead of eventually
> segfaulting, by preventing something that is forbidden : changing the
> signature of a method through inheritance.
>
> That has nothing to do with virtual dispatching : the overridden method is
> always called.

Oh no!  I have dozens of gambas2 libraries that take advantage of this.
See attached project for a "model" of lots of what I have done.  I don't
understand why it should be "forbidden"?  Why would the interpreter
segfault?
Bruce