[Gambas-user] keyboard navigation of combobox

Bruce Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Tue Aug 30 14:29:42 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 20:53 +0930, Bruce Bruen wrote:
> stuff about space bars

But I want to ask a question.  There appears to me these days that I'm getting a psychological dislike
of buttonless pop-ups.  In many application these days you are presented with a pop-up that asks a
reasonable question, you input a reply but the only option you have is to close [x] the popup.  I'm asking
because gambas3 has some of these and from a usability point of view (or more correctly from a stimulus/response
point of view) I <underline/bold/emphasis> don't particularly like it.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned (perhaps I'm just old), but I'm used to the edit/[commit|cancel] model of gui.  I get
a feeling of uncertainty whenever I have to click on the [x] button in order to save something.  Further, there is
no way to "uncommit" to a change.

Don't get me wrong here.  There are instances in gambas3 where this happens, but there are many more instances
out there that are just reinforcing the negative feeling I'm getting.Maybe I'm just used to filling in government
forms in pencil, checking them twice and using an eraser before commiting myself.

But as I say, I'm asking a question.
How do others feel?

Bruce