[Gambas-user] Issue 87 in gambas: Class and symbol level comments mixed in help browser

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sun Aug 28 06:36:52 CEST 2011

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 87 by adamn... at ...626...: Class and symbol level comments mixed
in help browser
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=87

1) This issue regards the "full" help browser opened with F1. It doesn't
apply to the code completion help popup inside the editor.

The problem is when a class has both class level '' comments and "nothing"
between them and the first symbol level '' comment, the help browser shows
the symbol level comment at the class level.

2) SYSTEM INFORMATION:
Version: TRUNK
Revision: r4052
Operating system: Linux
Architecture: x86
GUI component: GTK+
Desktop used: LXDE

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.
Attached (classlevelhelp-0.0.1)

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.
N/A

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
Open the project and open the help browser (F1)
Look at the help for class "Fish" and open it's code
==> Here we see that there is "something" between the class comments and
the first symbol comment.  In this case it's the Class line.
Repeat for the class "Apples".
==> This time the Inherits line separates the comments.
Repeat for the "Oranges" class.
==> Now we see the first symbol comments appearing in the help browser as
part of the class description.

6) By doing that carefully, you have done 50% of the bug fix job!

This is one of a series of issues with the help browser.
This one I'd give a priority of "Medium"

Attachments:
	classlevelhelp-0.0.1.tar.gz  5.0 KB