[Gambas-user] Talking to a process...

Stephen Bungay sbungay at ...981...
Tue Aug 23 23:57:32 CEST 2011

On 08/23/2011 02:41 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>>> The Desktop.Find() problem is a bug that is fixed in Gambas 3 only. I
>>> don't think I will fix it in Gambas 2 soon.
>>>
>>> So I suggest you use Gambas 3 for your project! :-)
>>>
>>> For your interface problem, I can't test with the project you sent me.
>>     I can try to compile 3.0 for the target CENTOS box (Release 5.6).
>> Is it the project or your environment that is restricting your ability
>> to test?
>>
> Embedding works, but there is nothing to test the slowness of the commands
> sent to vlc.

Ahh, I see. The only way to compare is to launch VLC using a bash shell
and type the commands, I use pause and play to observe how fast it
reacts (almost instantly). Then run the app and press the pause button.
I set the VLC control buttons to a disabled state when one is pressed,
when the process_read fires and vlc returns a '>' prompt (or anything
else) it toggles them back on (I do this because end users like to click
buttons over and over when they don't see any results and that just
causes more problems). Thanks for looking though, I really appreciate it.