[Gambas-user] Desktop.Find

Stephen Bungay sbungay at ...981...
Thu Aug 18 17:23:21 CEST 2011

Hi folks! I need some help.

Gambas 2.23

Problem: Desktop.Find is not finding a window that is indeed appearing
on the desktop. I personally can see it and it has the correct title,
therefore it is indeed there, and hence the need for some assistance
trying to figure out WHY Desktop.Find can't see what I see....er.... or
something to that effect. Anyway....

Instantiating a VLC instance using SHELL with the following procedure
(ignore the SUB's parameter list, I have the parameters to SHELL
hard-coded for the moment and am passing in dummy values from the
calling SUB)
'*
'* NOTE! mpProcessHandle is declared at the class level AS Process.
'*
PUBLIC SUB PlayVideo(pFileName AS String, pPlayerTitle AS String)
   DIM aHandle AS NEW Pointer[]
   DIM iHandle AS Integer

   mpProcessHandle = SHELL "vlc --intf rc --video-title Camera0
~/TestVideo.avi" FOR READ WRITE

   aHandle = Desktop.Find("Camera0")

   IF aHandle.count = 0 THEN
      Message.Warning("Window not found")