[Gambas-user] Making code pretty

Ron ron at ...1740...
Fri Aug 5 18:02:47 CEST 2011

It's not only eye candy, it's also a practical thing.
If you have a bigger public project under svn, you don't want that the
removal of one isolated space character on a empty line somewhere generates
a commit change.

So I  remove them all in my projects while writing code.

Regards,
Ron_2nd.

'Pretty' is in the eye of the beholder. I write my code so it is easy to
read and easy see the structure of the code, spaces and empty lines are
therefore used extensively. Since the compiled code is not affected by them
what's the problem? Ron <ron at ...1740...> <ron at ...1740...> wrote:

Empty lines yes, keep them! But Kevin and I mean remove spaces on empty
lines. Looks like this: Dim sTest as string ... <- remove these sTest =
"this is a test" ' here above normal empty line, without spaces on it.
Regards, Ron_2nd. 2011/8/4 Fabien Bodard