[Gambas-user] Debugging gbx2

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Aug 5 01:38:39 CEST 2011

> hi Benoît,
>
> there is a question remaining at gambas-club.de about an old error
> (don't know if it is present in gb3 and can't check now) so i wanted to
> debug gbx2 running the application that causes that error (it is a #6
> while using Image.Spread or something...)
> it's common practice for me to debug c programs but i can't understand
> what's going on.
> i thought, it would be like:
> $ gdb gbx2
> (gdb) r /home/user/gambas/test2/
>
> there are a lot of error messages saying that no debugging symbols were
> found (gdb claims that the symbols are read from gbx2) and gdb
> segfaults... i bet you have debugged it. what's wrong?
>
> regards,
> tobi

if gdb segfaults, you have a problem on your system!

To debug gambas, you should compile everything with debugging information, and
no optimization (at least the interpreter and the image effect component where
Image.Spread lies).

Or you can just run your program with valgrind as explained on the website,
and valgrind will tell you where something is wrong.

Benoît Minisini