[Gambas-user] Base 64 question

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Apr 29 13:57:08 CEST 2011

> 2011/4/28 Caveat <Gambas at ...1950...>:
> > xml.Decode...pfft!  Funny, I never would have thought to look in gb.xml
> > for a base64 decoder!
>
> true ... i've found it in the past when i've made a little program to
> extract mail attachement in old mail directories

Maybe encoding & decoding BASE64 should be standard in Gambas? I can do the
same remark for URL encoding & decoding functions located in gb.web at the
moment.

I just have to find good names for the functions...

	ToBase64$()
	ToUrl$()
	FromBase64$()
	FromUrl$()

Or two generic functions like Conv$(). Encode() and Decode() with a code
argument: gb.Base64, gb.URI...

They won't match Shell$(), Quote$(), Unquote$(), Html$(). But maybe it's not
that important.

If people are aware of other useful encoding/decoding functions, they should
tell now.

--
Benoît Minisini