[Gambas-user] watcher class

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Apr 25 20:14:50 CEST 2011

> hi,
> i have to redirect a question again:
> ---
> I need an example that demonstrates how to use the Watcher class and its
> 4 events. can you look at the project and tell me if this is what the
> watcher class is about?
> ---
>
> happy easter,
> tobi

I can't speak German, so it's hard for me to guess what all these messages
mean.

Anyway, I can tell you that the Watcher class was created long before the
Observer class. Now, it is less useful.

The Watcher class will tell you when a control is moved, resized, shown, or
hidden.

The Window class already has these events because they are useful for windows.

For all other class, Watcher is useful only for very specific needs.

Benoît Minisini