[Gambas-user] How to disable the minimize button on window

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Apr 25 20:09:21 CEST 2011

> Hi gurus,
>
> I'm new to gambas. does anyone know how to disable minimize button on
> window..?
> please help me...
>
> -Ganesh.

On X-Window, window borders are not managed by the application, but by a
special program named "window manager".

The window manager can do what he wants with windows, and can ignore any
specific request made by the application.

Moreover, I hate when windows don't have a minimize button, like on MS Windows
(an old trauma).

So, if you really need no minimize button, you have to create a borderless
window, and manage everything yourself.

Of course, I can tell you more if you tell us what you want to do exactly.

Benoît Minisini