[Gambas-user] Magnify

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Tue Apr 19 14:58:02 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 19 April 2011 21:21:30 Shane Powell wrote:
> On 19/04/11 20:53, richard terry wrote:
> > On Tuesday 19 April 2011 20:34:17 Fabien Bodard wrote:
> >> What do you want to do exactly Richard ?
> >
> > Hi Fabian
> >
> > I don't really want the side viewer - but the viewer with the circle
> > around it like you drew - on the picture itself.
> >
> > The last version shane posted seemed more accurate in terms of the circle
> > positioning than his earlier ones.
> >
> > Also zoom wise anything more than 1-2-3 times is not of any use. I tried
> > it today just with the circular lens and using the mouse wheel to zoom
> > up, but didn't have time to fine-tune it.
> >
> > Let me take the last one he posted and I'll call it 0.0.7 and we can go
> > from there over the next few days.
> >
> > Had a really bad/busy day at work so am tired ++, and my gambas is
> > playing up big time - not stopping at breakpoints, and object calls not
> > working, odd things - goodness knows why - and I'm desperately trying to
> > look at this tonight in the little time I have as I am dependant on my
> > program  to run my clinical practice - even though many sections are not
> > yet finished - I had a horror start to the day when my changes last night
> > meant I couldn't save clinical records, so i had to back track a few
> > versions to be able to continue working.
> >
> > Will post some more.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > richard
> >
> >> The v0.06 have Two viewer... mine and shane one ... i think you need
> >> to choose one way.
> >>
> >> I you choose to have a side viewer for the lens, then draw a simple
> >> square on the mouse move in the original picture. The square have the
> >> size of the viewed part. It's invert proportionnal of the zoom
> >>

> >> if the viewer have 30*30 then at zoom 2 the Square have 15*15 at Zoom
> >> 3 square = 10*10 etc

> Hi richard i had play with the scroll wheel but didn't like it much
> because when you have a large
> image loaded and you have scrollbars it gets a bit confusing when the
> image scrolls around would you like me to post what i have done ?

Yes, can you rename it 0.0.7?

Also I think what I'm going to do is to use imagemagik to re-size the image to
the  drawing area size before loading it, and make the drawing area expand to
the form size, remove the box on the screen, and make the lens permanant, ie
not dependant on mouse down, otherwise its is a bit confusing to just have
part of the image showing.  Will see what you do and then take a look tomorrow
as have to head off to bed.

thanks.

Richard