[Gambas-user] Gambas ?which words are reserved

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Tue Apr 19 13:28:16 CEST 2011

Tracked down one of my problems (not the breakpoint issue!!! damnn..)

However:

I've  buttons on my main toolbar. My workspace (class) has various tabs loaded
onto it as needed during program use, eg progress notes editor, prescription
writer, html pages to display results etc, and I did have on each of these a
subroutine called this:

Public sub Print()
	'do whatever printing is needed.
end

When the button is clicked on the toolbar, it looks at whatever is the
activepage in the workspace and does this

Public Sub MainToolbar_Click()
      Dim i as object
      ..... etc

Select case Last.tag         'the tags on the toolbutton

.... (code finds the active form which is then set to i

        case "print"
        'find the form on the active window  with some code
       ' when found do this:
        i = the_active_form
      Try Object.Call(i, Last.tag)
End select

So this then would read when the Last.tag is translated.

Try Object.Call(i, "Print")

Now, this used to work ok, but now it doesnt, however if I change all the
print routines on my forms to something else eg "Print_Content" then

it does work

ie  Object.Call(i, "Print_Content")  calls the appropriate routine and prints
out whatever needs printing on the  particular form eg a script, some html
results, a letter etc.

IE seems like  Public Sub Print()
                         end
is not allowable in Gambas when calling it via the above method, whearas if
you use that syntax and call it from within a form like this

Public Sub btnPrint
'click the print button on an actual form
	Print()
end

Then it does work.

Confused? well I am.

Anway, at least I'll be able to print at work tomorrow, but would be
interested in Benoit;s comments, plus any help on the breakpoint issue.

Regards

Richard