[Gambas-user] Global search & replace

Sat Apr 16 19:46:37 CEST 2011

> You mean "in current file", not "in current directory", do you?

Oh, yes.. a lot of errors from me...

> And yes, it is logical to replace all only in the current file. Think about
> renaming a private class variable, for example.

I think you misunderstand what I meant...
This is what I mean (look also at attachment):

Public Sub btnReplaceAll_Click()

  If InitSearch() Then Return

  If chkCurrentFile.Value = True Then

     If Message.Question(Subst$(("Are you sure you want to replace all
instances in this file of '&1' with '&2'?"), SearchString,
ReplaceString),("Yes"), ("No")) <> 1 Then Return

    Run(GO_FORWARD + DO_REPLACE + DO_ALL)
  Else

      If Message.Question(Subst$(("Are you sure you want to replace all
instances of '&1' with '&2'?"), SearchString, ReplaceString),("Yes"),
("No")) <> 1 Then Return

    Browse(chkSourceOnly.Value, True)
  Endif

End

Just testing it for errors... not my best day for me to concentrate.

Jussi