[Gambas-user] Should not we follow the ISO 8601 standard?

nando nando_f at ...951...
Wed Apr 13 18:46:31 CEST 2011

My opinion:
Gambas can store date format internally however Benoit decides.
Here in North America, every uses MM-DD-YYYY
This is a (human) standard here because we would say
   April 13, 2011 which is the same order.
The Canadian government uses YYYY-MM-DD.
If you have dates as a string for sorting and comparing,
then YYYY-MM-DD works great.
mySQL's default is YYYY-MM-DD.
If dates are stored as an float (like VB did) then it works too.
If dates are stored like an int then it would work too.
Most importantly, the computer does it whatever we want it to do.
So, create programs for humans to present dates and times most
convenient...to the user.  Don't program for convenience.
It makes for a bad program
Make programs for date locale and make humans happy.
-Fernando