[Gambas-user] Should not we follow the ISO 8601 standard?

Mon Apr 11 15:40:30 CEST 2011

Am 11.04.2011 15:17, schrieb Federico Leite:
> Hi! I was read an article about ISO 8601, and think...¡Date of Gambas don't
> follow this!
>
> Print Now ---->  04/11/2011 06:12:18
>
> But the standard dictates otherwise: the format is YYYY-MM-DD.
>
> It's a problem, or is you are indifferent at this standard?
>
> Well, if you not known this standard, you can read this article in
> Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601
>
> Regards,

Frederico,

I think the output of Date(Now) or Print Now is the American way of
writing the date, whereas the function itself wants it like ISO:

PRINT Now; " -> "; Date(Now)
05/16/2002 15:10:59 -> 05/16/2002

Syntax
Date = Date ( Year , Month , Day [ , Hours , Minutes , Seconds ] ) AS Date

So this is somewhat confusing, but so what...?

In Germany (Germans love to have "rules" and "regulations") it was
prescribed to write the date as ISO says, they even changed German
grammar for it... Almost nobody ever cares, except maybe some
secretaries who want to impress their bosses ;-)

Within Gambas, I don't care, I can adapt the date to the locale to make
it user-readable. For sorting purposes, a YYYYMMDD is more practical,
anyway. This is what I use in files.

Regards

Rolf