[Gambas-user] Enumerate collection in reverse order

Bruce Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Sun Apr 10 08:36:32 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

I have gone brain dead on this one.

All I want to do is enumerate a "naturally sorted" collection in reverse
order.  By "naturally sorted" I mean that I know the order in which the items
were added to the collection.  It's just that the order in which they were
added (ascending time sequence, i.e. the newest data is the last entered) is
just the opposite of how I want to access them.

A bit more detail.  The incoming data is received in ascending time sequence.
Each data set is parsed and added to a collection of objects as it is
received.  Now I want to process each of the objects starting with the most
recent for reasons of the maths involved.  A simple example is:
	For the most recent sample, the degradation is 0
	For each next sample the degradation is the difference between the times
that the two signals were received.

The practicality is that the math on the rest of the data is much more
complex.

I know I can't "sort" the collection, but there must be a way to achieve this,
isn't there?

--
best regards
Bruce Bruen