[Gambas-user] Global reading of events

Sprachschule Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Wed Apr 6 15:49:35 CEST 2011

Don't know where you're stuck. Why control Timer2? It's there, it's
running... :-)

Whenever Timer2 ticks, it checks if there have been mouse or keyboard
events in the meantime (Timer2EventZlr means "event counter for
Timer2"). If yes, only the counter is resetted. If not, "tab" (a
TabStrip which contains the data) is made invisible.

In case there is something wrong (just debug phase), Timer2 will make
tab appear the next time it comes by and reset the counter. This, of
course, will be replaced by a password input as soon as it is ready.

But my question was: Why do Form_KeyPress(), Form_MouseDown() and
Form_MouseWheel() catch no event? Aren't they an instance BEFORE all
other mouse and keyboard events within the form? If there is no way to
catch these, the only way to achieve this would be to monitor each
single thing on the form - I would like to avoid that.

Regards

Rolf