[Gambas-user] Just some questions to Kevin Fishburne

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Apr 1 11:37:01 CEST 2011

Hi Kevin,

I make it public, because it's about coding.

It is just a few remarks/questions about your game:

1) Why do you want to rotate the game background? It will be always too slow
until you rewrite everything using OpenGL, so I suggest you drop that idea
meanwhile.

2) You asked for a DrawAlpha() method for compositing different ground layers
while cutting them up as far as I understood. Am I right? In that case, why
don't you pre-computed all these layers, so that you don't have to do that
during the game?

3) If you don't have to use DrawAlpha() during the game, you will be able to
use OpenGL very easily I think. Then you will be able to implement the
rotation very easily too, and the speed will be ok (unless you don't have 3D
acceleration of course).

Sorry if what I said is out of topic!

Benoît Minisini