[Gambas-user] gb3 RC1: using structures to replace the loss of Mk$ functions

Ian Haywood ihaywood at ...1979...
Fri Apr 1 09:08:51 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Kevin Fishburne
<kevinfishburne at ...1887...> wrote:
> On 04/01/2011 01:15 AM, Bruce Bruen wrote:
>> On Friday, April 01, 2011 01:17:50 PM Kevin Fishburne wrote:
>>> I'm finding that the task of replacing the Mk$ functions with structures
>>> for UDP packet client/server transactions is a massive undertaking. So
>>> far it's affecting every part of my project that constructs, parses,
>>> sends and receives data. As a consequence the network code is going from
>>> dozens of lines to hundreds, and I'm beginning to see that the actual
>>> logic of network operations will need to be changed as well.
>> Pure stab in the dark.  Could you write a "helper" class to replace the Mk$
>> functions, then you'd only have to develop a limited amount of code and leave
>> the working code alone?
Another stab in the dark: could you have a Object array, and then an
class for each
type of message which knows how to pack and unpack itself to the wire
using an internal
structure

Ian