[Gambas-user] Is it possible to create .DEB packages from Fedora?

Matteo Pasotti matteo.pasotti at ...626...
Thu Sep 30 12:55:40 CEST 2010

Il 30/09/2010 10:56, M. Cs. ha scritto:
> 2010/9/30 Olivier Cruilles<linuxos at ...1896...>
>

>> hi,
>>
>> It's possible to install all necessary on Fedora to create .deb package
>> from Gambas2 IDE
>> but to check if the package have no problem on real Debian distribution it
>> better to test it after
>> on virtual machine or a reel computer installed with Debian system.
>>
> Could you just tell me how to do that? I mean, if you're already doing it on
> Fedora it's simple to give us all a short HowTo. It would help to Matteo
> too.

I agree ;-)
> Thank you very much!
>
> Csaba

Another way that I haven't found so comfortable, uses debootstrap rather
than a virtualization system. But this solution doesn't allow to build
packages directly from the gambas ide.
Currently if you install dpkg-devel and dpkg from the fedora's repos,
you are not able to build debian packages using the gambas ide.

Matteo