[Gambas-user] gb3.settings

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Sat Sep 25 13:05:19 CEST 2010

2010/9/24 Matti <math.eber at ...221...>:
> All settings seem to be stored in a file
> /home/username/.config/gambas3/ApplicationName.conf.
> But, if I have projects with the same file name in different locations, like
> /home/username/Gambas/test and
> /home/username/Basic/test,
> the settings are stored in the same file /home/username/.config/gambas3/test.conf.
> There is no difference about the directories.
> This causes errors.
>
> To me, it seems better to store the application's settings in the application
> directory.
Not on linux as generally the application are in the /usr/bin
directory, where it is forbidden to put any configuration file .
Plus , i don't understand the need to hae twice time the same app in
different path ... An app need to have a unique name...
 /home/username/Gambas/testv1 and
 /home/username/Basic/testv2

Where testv2 is the next generation of testv1. But to have twice the
same app on the same pc... is not usefull... Linux is not windows. If
you want to call an app like it is in the needed path then prefer to
use a symbolic link

ln -s /home/username/Gambas/test /home/username/Basic/test

> Regards
> Matti

Fabien Bodard