[Gambas-user] Bug in Qt4 and workaround

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Wed Sep 15 09:08:39 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 15 September 2010 01:15:16 Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For information:
>
> There is (apparently) a bug in Qt4: if the last visible menu in the
>  menu-bar is not the last created menu, i.e. if the last visible menu has
>  other hidden menus to its right, then navigating between the top-level
>  menu with the keyboard leads to a segfault.
>
> The workaround is: the last created menu must be visible. And I guess the
> first one too!
>
> Regards,

I wonder if this the long term bug that has bedevilled me.

I create menu's on the fly and use them as popups, they erratically (ok on some
forms) work, on others as soon as a sub-menu is chosen gambas dies.

With a popup menu, the first created menu can't be visible I don't think, as
eveything else is attatched to that, or is this a misconception.

Richard