[Gambas-user] An easy way to document a Gambas program?

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Tue Sep 14 19:29:20 CEST 2010

normally it will work :/* (you can add a <br> at the line end)
the text is formatable with a wiki style

AN EXEMPLE :

'' +Description
'' Initialize a web browser view with the help on a specific symbol.
'' +Arguments
'' - #hWebView# is the WebView control to initialize.
'' - #iType# is the type of the symbol.
'' - #sSymbol# is the symbol.
'' - #sClass# is the class if the symbol is a member of this class.
'' - #sMore# is a suffix that will be added to the URL of the help page.
'' - #hEditor# is the source code editor that the symbol comes from.
'' +Symbol types
'' The #iType# argument can be one of the following constants, defined
in the MHelp module:
'' - =TYPE_NATIVE= for a native datatype.
'' - =TYPE_CLASS= for a class.
'' - =TYPE_CONTROL= for a control name.
'' - =TYPE_SYMBOL= for a class symbol, a local or a global variable.
'' - =TYPE_EVENT= for an event.
'' - =TYPE_KEYWORD= for a language keyword.
'' - =TYPE_SPECIAL= for a special method.

Public Sub InitWebViewWith(hWebView As WebView, iType As Integer,
sSymbol As String, Optional sClass As String, Optional sMore As
String, Optional hEditor As FEditor)

  Dim cSymbol As Collection
  Dim hSymbol As CSymbolInfo
  Dim hClass As CClassInfo
  Dim hComp As CComponent

2010/9/14 Jussi Lahtinen <jussi.lahtinen at ...626...>:
> Nice, just learned this! Very useful!
> Is it possible to do multi lined help lines?
> Now they are concatenated without newlines:
> ''Line1
> ''Line2
> -->
> Line1 Line2
>
> Jussi
>

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 18:03, Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...626...> wrote:
>
>> hum... there is a way to document you class in code with the ' '
>>
>> 'hi is a comment
>> ''hi is a help line
>>
>> help line must be between to class declaration or in the same line
>> for a variable declaration too
>> this is valid only in gb3 (and is not perfect)
>>
>> Maybe we need to add an export function .... This tool have been done
>> to remember the  work done in the project.
>> What is this variable for ? or this class ?
>>
>> 2010/9/14 Lord Quo <lord.quo at ...626...>:
>> >    Mmmm, the program, something like the wiki http://gambasdoc.org or
>> the
>> > help that appears when I write code in the IDE. This help appears also
>> with
>> > my own classes and modules.
>> >
>> >    Thanks.

>> --