[Gambas-user] Database Results

Rolf Schmidt rolf.frogs at ...221...
Sun Sep 12 17:43:07 CEST 2010

Hi Benoît

> But I don't think I can change the interface anymore, it will break a lot
> of code. Unless someone finds an unexpected solution.

What about a property, which indicate how the result should be delivered. For
example in PHP Database Objects you can give a value that says how the data
should be given back.
Possible types (and some more) are:
ASSOC for an associative array with the fieldnames as key
NUM as a numerical index into the array of fields
CLASS says the the result shoud be given back as a new object of a give class
    with members which are named as the fields of the query.

Of course, if non of the above listed property is given, the old behavior of
the gambas database resultset should take place.

May be this gives you an idea.
Fine regards
Rolf