[Gambas-user] How to get the focus back?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Sep 7 23:18:14 CEST 2010

> Gambas 3
> Another beginner's question:
>
> I have a little form where the user should make some input.
> When there's something wrong, I give a message and want the user to correct
> the input.
> But after the message the focus goes "down" to FMain - I just can't find a
> way to get it back to the input form.
> The only way I see is to show the input form as "ShowModal" - but then it's
> displayed centered relative to the desktop, which is ridiculous.
>
> An example is attatched.
> Anybody knows how to?
> Thanks, Matti

You set FText to be an "utility" window. If you use a normal window, the focus
got back to FText normally, so I guess this is a chosen behaviour of Qt or
KWin with utility windows. I will try to override it, but are you using an
"utility" window there?

--
Benoît Minisini