[Gambas-user] Desktop.Open slows application

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Sat Oct 30 02:37:14 CEST 2010

Hi, Benoit.

I download a file and I want to have a preview while downloading.
While downloading, a progress value is updated every second or so.

If I use Desktop.Open(URL) to preview the file, the progress value is
blocked until the Desktop default application starts playing the file.
In this case I talk about amarok. But if I use a SHELL call instedad of
Desktop.Open(URL) everything is fine and the progress is not blocked.
I would like Desktop.Open would work as a shell call or exec with no WAIT
at all. Is it possible? Something like:

Desktop.Open(URL, False) if you don't want to wait that starting.

finally:

SHELL "amarok -a -p " & URL doesn't stop anything

Desktop.Open(URL) pauses the program, I mean the progress update.

Regards,

Stefano