[Gambas-user] Gambas2: Archlinux/Slackware packages on Ubuntu, how can I make them?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Oct 25 22:10:18 CEST 2010

> I think that the makepkg is not available outer the Archlinux itself.
> For the tar-1.13:
>
> 1. Obtain it from here: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/tar/
> 2. Extract it to a folder
> 3. Open terminal in the extracted folder and type: ./configure
> 4. When finished: make
> 5. When finished: sudo make install
> 6. When finished: sudo mv /usr/local/bin/tar /usr/local/bin/tar-1.13
> 7. When finished: sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/tar-1.13 /usr/bin/tar-1.13

For tar-1.13, you can fake it by using a symbolic link to tar, and it should
work. I don't know why Slackware requires tar-1.13, which nobody uses anymore
AFAIK.

Benoît Minisini