[Gambas-user] someshort="xy" returns "Wanted short, got string instead"

Thu Oct 14 04:47:29 CEST 2010

  On 10/12/2010 06:48 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Second : on a mailing-list, you never answer a thread with a mail that has
>> no relation with it. So please post a new thread each time you start to
>> talk about a new subject.
> Less rudely, I mean that 'someshort="xy"...' was not a good title, and made
> the all thread being lost in the mailing-list archives!

No worries, but in my defense I was continuing the thread using its
original subject and still discussing the general issue of assigning
binary data in a string to a variable of a different datatype. The
mention of Nabble and problems with the mailing list was an aside to
explain why duplicate posts may have arisen from me reposting my message
directly to the mailing list.

Anyway, I think we're on the same page now, so I'm going to go compile
gb3 and see what's what. ;)

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues