[Gambas-user] installation error in ubuntu

charlesg charles at ...1784...
Mon Oct 11 13:53:41 CEST 2010

You don't say what version Ubuntu. I can't see a reason to compile an old
version of Gambas (2.18).

Just enter:
sudo apt-get install gambas2
from terminal.

Do not add from Ubuntu repository ( e.g. 'Add/Remove' on 8.04). The
repository versions tend to be incomplete.

btw New Ubuntu Maverick (10.10) has version 2.21 in repository. I am not
sure yet whether it is complete.