[Gambas-user] Control + key combination detection Q

Jack jscops at ...11...
Fri Oct 8 01:16:31 CEST 2010

richard terry a écrit :

>>>    If Key.Code = Key["R"] And If Key.Control Then
>>>        Print "You hit CTRL+R"
>>>    End If
>>>
>>> If my hands this does the following
>>>   Key.code = 1677724
>>>  Key["R"]  = 82
>>> Key.control = true
>>>
>>> but I'm probably pressing ctrl + small r I guess:
>>>
>>> Clearly they don't match
>>>
>>> If I put on the capslock to ensure a capital R, results are similar.
>>> ie one long number, the small number.
>>>

>>> What could I be doing wrong?
>> Perhaps this code ?
>>
>> IF key.Control THEN
>>    IF key.code = key["R"] THEN
>> 	Print "You hit CTRL+R"
>>    End If
>
>  Key.code = 1677724
> Key["R"]  = 82
>
> As pointed out above this is the problem, should work according to the docs
> but returns different numbers

In my box. Key.control = 4129 and key["R"] = 82.
But as it is say in the doc, "Never compare the value of this property
with a numeric constant, because the key codes may depend on the
underlying toolkit.

Always use the constants defined in this class! "