[Gambas-user] Gambas3 :: Method signature and documentation

Lord Quo lord.quo at ...626...
Tue Oct 5 18:36:35 CEST 2010

	Ok, I found the error. I have about 30 class files in my project, and some of those files were missing the Export keyword.

	Well, another question, I compiled my component, created a new project and used the compiled component in the "Libraries" tab in the project properties and now all works perfectly, but, how can I do show this componente in the "Component" tab? It's possible?

	This is just a question, not a should be.

	Thanks for all Benoit.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Benoît Minisini [mailto:gambas at ...1...]
Enviado el: Lunes, 04 de Octubre de 2010 04:57 p.m.
Para: mailing list for gambas users
Asunto: Re: [Gambas-user] Gambas3 :: Method signature and documentation

> 	Mmmm, I don't know  :-/
>
> 	I'm followed the instructions posted in
> http://gambasdoc.org/help/dev/gambas "How To Program Components In
> Gambas", but there are things that are obsolete in gambas3, like "You
> can install the component in your home directory by checking the
> corresponding option in the 'Make executable' dialog.". This option doesn't appears.
>
> 	As you said, I make an executable and I use it as library.
>
> 	And yes, I exported my classes.
>
> 	How can I make sure that I really make a true component?

Simple: if you check something in the "components" tab of the project property dialog, then this is a component. Otherwise, if you add a project in the list of the "libraries" tab, then it is a library.

A library is just another gambas project used like a component. Technically, at runtime, there is no difference between a library and a component entirely written in Gambas.

The IDE extracts the class and symbol information from the library *.gambas file, and so can display automatic completion and signature for all exported symbols of the library project.

So send me your *.gambas library file and a little project that uses it, and then tell me what signature you expect to be displayed.

Benoît Minisini

Virtualization is moving to the mainstream and overtaking non-virtualized environment for deploying applications. Does it make network security easier or more difficult to achieve? Read this whitepaper to separate the two and get a better understanding.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/hp-phase2-d2d