[Gambas-user] re SQLITE3 and GAMBAS

Barnett Winton barneywinton at ...867...
Mon Oct 4 14:16:10 CEST 2010

  Benito,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have taken out of the project unnecessary forms to reduce the size of
the project.

The database that has been created is included.

Decompress the tar.bz2 file > open the project in Gambas II > set a
breakpoint in modDatabase.Module(function CheckTable() > run using debug.
The main screen should appear without any problems. select menu item
File > Database > DatabaseCheck.

The app will run to the breakpoint. Stepping thru the code will show the
execution path.

I am using this function to check that my eventual database contains all
the relevant tables.

If you remove LinuxLogs.sqlite from the directory and rerun the app
under debug. The database file will be created ( see Fmain.class code )
and because modDatabase.CheckTable fails to find the non existant table,
it will create the tables ( verified using firefox sqlite db manager).
This happened b4 i inserted the lines starting "$Result = to line
starting "NEXT".  ( this code may be quite nonsensical as I am
experimenting with code in an attempt to get the correct code. this may
also apply to the SQL string. )

The problem now is that when checking the tables in FdbCheck, the tables
are not reported as being found.

This is my first App using Gambas and it has been quite a refreshing RAD
system to use. REALBASIC aslo use SQlite database as their embedded DB
and I am used to doing all my coded DB code in SQL statements.

Regards,
Barnett Winton VK3XBW