[Gambas-user] setting columnview column sizes

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Mon Oct 4 06:08:25 CEST 2010

Having wasted a couple of frustrating hours on this simple task, I thought I'd
ask the list.

I have a 3 column column view. I want to set the sizes of this to a user-
defined width (I've put in the code to save this ok), but for the moment to be
concete lets say these are the values:

If I put this up the top of my subroutine:

   cvwResults.Columns[0].width = 70
    cvwResults.Columns[1].width = 179
    cvwResults.Columns[2].width = 180

Then load the columnview with data:

        x = results_received!pk_document
         cvwResults.Add(x, 0)
         cvwResults[x][0] = Format(results_received!date_created,
"dd/mm/yyyy")
         cvwResults[x][1] = result_received 'results_received!tag_user
         cvwResults[x][2] = results_received!originator

Then the column widths as re-set and the columnview expands the columns to
whatever it wants, as dictated by the widest bit of data .

Any help appreciated as I'm about to slit my wrists over this one!!!!! I would
have thought it was simple. I looked at all the columnview properties to no
avail.

Regards

ricahrd