[Gambas-user] Gambas app run as root

Sun Oct 3 15:04:15 CEST 2010

I looked your example just for interest.
It doesn't seem to work with Ubuntu 10.04 64bit.

There are two issues, maybe something with my system...
This is first time I used "*su*" (normally I use sudo) on this computer, and
it doesn't work...
*su -c 'whoami'*
gives;
*su: Authentication failure*

However *sudo whoami* works correctly.
Because of that, I replaced *su -c 'ls /root'* with *sudo whoami*.

But there is another problem. Shell doesn't wait for input for *su* or *sudo
*.
Result is *sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts*, before even textbox
appears.

Tested with Gambas2 revision 3124.
Jussi